- Created on 19 April 2013
Our newly refurbished Learning Resource Centre (LRC) & Library has now been open to students since September 2012 and we wanted to inform you of all the area has to offer:-
Open every break time 11.10am to 11.30am with scheduled day for each year:
Year 7 – Thursday Break, Year 8 – Friday Break, Year 9 – Monday Break, Year 10 – Tuesday Break and Year 11 – Wednesday Break.
Open every lunch time 12.30pm to 1.20pm with scheduled day for each year:
- Year 7 – Monday and Friday Reading Club at Lunch
- Year 8 – Tuesday Lunch
- Year 9 – Wednesday Lunch
- Year 10 & 11 – Thursday Lunch.
- Open every day After School from 3.20pm to 4.20pm – All Years.
- Full Maghull High School Library News on the School VLE with all forthcoming events and a link to Accelerated Reading (in Orange).
- We have IT facilities and pupils can print out (black and white).
- We have fully refurbished library facilities with Accelerated Reading Scheme books for all Year 7.
- Thousands of best selling books and graphic novels for all years to loan or pre-order.
- All Years can loan books (28 days) at no cost to pupils using their dinner cards. However small fees may be necessary if “Overdue Notices” are ignored.
- Donate a book or swap a Book scheme running in January/February 2012. This was a huge success and thanks to all those pupils and staff that kindly donated books!
- DVD and CD hire (coming soon with a small hire fee).
- Magazine and game areas for pupils to use in the quiet seating areas in the library also.
- Story Telling by Teachers - Billionaire Boy (by David Williams) on Friday lunch times for Year 7’s.
- Year 8 – Kindle Updates and Help desk in Library. All uploaded books are currently listed on the Maghull High School VLE (Library) Section.