Maghull High School, an 11-18 comprehensive in Maghull, wants its students to become more independent, creative and engaged learners who are able to make an active contribution to local, national and global communities. Through a broad and balanced curriculum, we will help to prepare young people for life in modern Britain.
What do we want our curriculum to achieve?
- We want to raise our learners aspirations, challenge them and accelerate their learning
- We want our learners to have the basic skills we believe will equip them to become happy and successful adults in the 21st Century
- We want our curriculum to encourage our learners to be far more creative
- We want our learners to have the ability to think for themselves, question critically and have confidence in their own views, so that they will be more willing to take risks and adapt their thinking and learning to different situations
- We want to see an improvement in our pupils' organisational skills, work ethic, attitudes towards education and their wider aspirations
- We want our learners to be respectful towards each other, adults and their learning environment
- We want our learners to develop tolerance, empathy and understanding towards all members of our diverse local, national and global communities
Our curriculum design briefs give an overview of the aims of our curriculum from KS3 to Post 16 education and how it is structured and organised.
Below is a list of qualifications available at Key Stage 4
Entry Level Science
|Year 9||Year 10||Year 11|
|Entry level Science||GCSE||-|
|Business Studies BTEC||BTEC|
|D&T Electronic Products||GCSE|
|D&T Food Technology||GCSE||-|
|D&T Product Design||GCSE|
|Food and Nutrition||GCSE|
|Physical Education BTEC||BTEC||-|