Free school meals
Eligibility to receive free school meals
The financial impact of COVID-19 poses an unprecedented challenge to many families, with some experiencing changes in their financial circumstances. If this has affected you, you may be eligible to apply for free school meals for your son/daughter.
You are eligible for free school meals if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit ONLY (not entitled/receiving Working Tax Credit) and have an income of less that £16190.00
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit and have a net household income of less than £7400 per annum
- Support under VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act
During this time of school closure for the majority of pupils, children who would normally receive free school meals are being supported by the Department for Education’s centrally-funded national supermarket voucher scheme.
If you think you may be eligible please use the relevant links below for more information and to obtain an application form: